Easy One Pot Dinner
It’s cold out, the weeknights are super busy, and you’re trying for dear life to stay healthy. I feel your pain! That’s why I thought I’d share my one-pot turkey turkey green chili recipe for a quick and healthy dinner. You can make it one night to have it last for a few nights of healthy warmth.
You can always customize this recipe however you want, and I’ve got suggestions for it past the recipe. All it takes for the base is your meat, some green chiles, and a few spices! And feel free to customize the spices however you see fit as well. Let’s get cooking!
Pin this image for later!
This post contains affiliate links. You can learn more here.
My One Pot Turkey Green Chili Recipe
The base ingredients you will need are:
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 4oz. cans green chilis
- 1 Quart (32oz) chicken broth
- 2 cans Great Northern white beans
- 1/2 cup flour of choosing
- Sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- Start with a big soup pan on medium-high heat and add in about 1 tablespoon of your favorite cooking oil. I prefer olive or coconut oil.
- Once the oil is heated, add in your turkey. When the turkey starts to brown, add in your chili, garlic and onion seasonings. Stir and mash occasionally until the turkey is cooked through.
- Add in your chicken broth, green chilis, and Great Northern white beans. Make sure that you drain the liquid out of the cans before you add your beans. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to a simmer and stir. Cover your pot and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes. When time is up, uncover your pot and add in your flour. Stir vigorously but carefully to prevent any flour clumps. You can add more flour if you want a thicker chili.
- Take your chili off of your heat and allow to cool for a few minutes. You can serve it with a spoonful of sour cream, and eat it with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Here are my favorite ingredient picks!
Keep the Ingredients Healthy and Lean!
You may be wondering, “Why is this considered healthy? Most of the ingredients came from a can!” Yes, this is true, but I don’t have a problem with using canned foods here and there. I definitely don’t make all of my meals from a can, but I give myself a little wiggle room when I’m trying to save time!
How I keep this recipe healthy is having all organic ingredients and lean turkey. You can certainly have chicken as your meat instead of turkey, but I like the convenience and price of ground turkey over chicken. I also always use organic and low-sodium chicken broth to keep bloating down.
If you’re sensitive to gluten, you can try using almond flour to thicken things up instead of regular flour. I’ve used it in soups before with great results. My personal favorite flour is simple whole wheat flour. I never use enriched flours because they tend to reach your bloodstream like sugar. And you don’t want that!
Some Extra Add-Ons You can Try
I’ll admit that the base of this recipe can taste rather bland. That’s why your favorite add-ons are absolutely essential! You can add in cilantro, cumin, extra chili powder, extra green chili, whatever you want! I try to give you recipes that are simple and easy so you can customize it to your liking, so go crazy!
For me, this one-pot turkey green chili is absolute heaven when I put in a couple spoonfuls of sour cream. Or cream cheese if I’m feeling naughty. Having that creamy dairy flavor makes this much more satisfying to taste! Of course, you can always skip this if you can’t have dairy.
I will say that I don’t recommend putting any kind of cheese in this chili, but you may have a different opinion. A kind of heavy cream flavor is what really makes this recipe satisfying on a cold night.
Whatever you decide to put on this one-put turkey green chili, you must eat it with tortilla chips! It’s always my favorite part of this meal. Instead of a spoon, I dip a tortilla chip in it and use the chip as a spoon. The salty goodness of the tortilla chip really help add some extra flare and flavor!
Why I Love this Easy Dinner
However you decide to cook this one-pot turkey green chili, I love that it’s so easy and customizable! On nights that I know I won’t have enough time, I just grab these ingredients at the grocery store and I’m good to go.
This works especially well when I’ve had a long day and I don’t feel like cooking. Because of this, I always try to keep some turkey in my fridge or freezer at all times. The same goes for the green chilis, beans, and chicken broth.
I almost always have chicken broth on hand, because it makes rice taste so much better! But putting in the extra effort to keep everything stocked can really save you on those stressful weeknights when it’s been a day and a half.
Final Thoughts on this One Pot Turkey Green Chili
If you do find this turkey green chili to be a bit bland, I won’t be offended! I did that on purpose so you can customize it to your own liking. I’m one of those people that absolutely cannot do spicy foods, so feel free to go for the hot green chiles instead of mild, or add more chili powder!
But if you’re like me, this chili can be your best friend! I guarantee that the ingredients listed won’t light your mouth on fire. But again, to each their own.
I always like to tell people that are new to natural living is that you get to make it your own. Customize it to fit what you want! The same goes for all of my healthy recipes here on Essential Moves to Wellness. This one-pot turkey green chili can be made however you want according to your tastes.
The next time you’re at the grocery store, be sure to pick up these ingredients and give it a shot! I’m curious to see how you make it your own unique recipe. It certainly makes weeknight dinners a breeze!
Would you make this turkey green chili? What are your favorite weeknight dinners? Let me know in the comments below!
Related to this One-Pot Turkey Green Chili:
- Super Fast and Healthy Fish Taco Recipe You Must Try Tonight!
- Ridiculously Easy and Healthy Guacamole Recipe
- 5 Ingredient Healthy Homemade Almond Joys
- Healthy and Sugar-Free Crockpot Apple Cider
- The Ultimate Superfood Salad with Nuts, Quinoa, and Homemade Dressing
- 30 Easy Lunches to Pack Instead of a Sandwhich
- 3 Life-Changing Homemade Salad Dressings to Jazz Up Your Diet